9 Top Tips for a Perfect Skincare Routine03/07/2014
Cleansing, toning and moisturising; we are constantly being told how important it is to have a good skincare routine, but do we really have the time? Yes, it might seem like a lot of hassle, but in practice it takes only a few minutes to cleanse, tone and moisturise and it really will make a huge difference to your skin, not just today but in years to come.
That said, your skincare ritual should be a relaxing and enjoyable part of your day.
Like eating breakfast, it might mean you lose ten minutes of a sleep in, but a good morning skincare routine will reward you much more than a few minutes of hitting the snooze button.
As for your night time skincare routine, VOYA’s gentle and naturally scented products make for the perfect pampering time to help you feel relaxed and ready for sleep.
The importance of a good skincare routine
Remember, your skin is a porous organ that should be treated well with natural, organic products which won’t interfere with its own natural defences.
A good skincare routine will not only keep your skin clean and healthy, but also prevent aging, breakouts and dulling of the skin.
So are you convinced of the merits of a consistent, quality skincare routine? Of course you are. So with that in mind, read on for our nine top tips for getting the most from your routine.
9 top tips for the perfect skincare routine
1. If you’re using a cream cleanser, massage it into the skin to dissolve any makeup or dirt and rinse off using a muslin cloth. These are great for removing every last trace of makeup as well as gently exfoliating your skin.
2. Or, if you’ve chosen a face wash, lather it up and using your fingertips, work it into the skin in a gentle circular motion towards the hairline, not forgetting the neck.
After you rinse all the product off your face, give it a final splash of cold water to get the blood going and close the pores. Always use warm, but never hot, water.
3. Use only a clean towel as you pat dry. Never drag or tug the skin on your face with a towel or cotton wool as this will loosen it and cause premature aging.
4. Use a moisturising face mask once or twice a week to draw out deep-down dirt or oil.
5. Exfoliate using a gentle face scrb to rid the skin of dull, dead skin cells which will affect your skin’s texture.
6. After opening your pores to cleanse with warm water, you need to close and tighten them again using a toner to prevent dirt building up in them. A refreshing and clarifying toner, like Ritzy Spritzy, will act as an astringent for the skin, de-puff and restore its natural ph. balance. Using a toner on some cotton wool will also collect any last bits of makeup or cleanser residue.
7. Last but not least, spend one or two minutes massaging an organic moisturiser into your face and neck in an upward circular motion to boost the blood circulation in the skin and give it a healthy glow.
9. A good routine to get into is to cleanse, tone and moisturise and apply lip balm and eye cream every morning and night. On a Sunday night apply a mask and on a Wednesday or Thursday night exfoliate with a face scrub.
How have you perfected your skincare routine and what VOYA ‘hero’ products can you not live without? We’d love to hear more in the comments below.